Recently I have taken a dear liking for green cleaning with essential oils. Essential oils have many uses and benefits. Adding them to your cleaning routine ritually, is one of their many benefits. Here, I put together a list of essential oils and what their purpose is that you can add to your home-made cleaners.
Essential oils are one of the best-smelling, naturally antibacterial options for homemade cleaning recipes. Add oils to green your laundry routine, sanitize the kitchen and kick that mold that can accumulate in the bathroom – all while making your house smell ‘clean’ – no scary fumes needed! I’m inclined to add lemon, tea tree and lavender to just about every cleaning recipe, but there are lots more you might want to have on hand.
- Lemon. – I’m sure you have heard before (especially with making your own cleaning products) citrus is very disinfecting and anti-viral. It’s also an amazing degreaser. Like orange, lemon also gives off an energizing feel.
- Tea tree oil- tea tree oil is very beneficial in your skin routine, it reduces inflammation with acne. When it comes to cleaning, it fights germs and bacteria.
- Rosemary, Lavender, Cinnamon and Peppermint essential oils are all anti-bacterial and very strong. In fact, they have been tested comparing it to bleach, and it disinfects better than that harsh, toxic chemical. Peppermint works especially well for repelling spiders. Cinnamon is also good for killing mold. Lavender is best paired with homemade cleaning products containing vinegar.
- Eucalyptus essential oil works as a natural germicide. Its also a deodorizer. It’s good and it’s very strong so you only need one drop. Add it to your wash cycle instead of bleach to keep your washer sanitized. Eucalyptus and Pine are relatively the same.
- Pine essential oil made from pine trees is amazing at detoxifying the air and getting rid of odors it also kills ecoli and mold spores and it’s great for a mold and mildew remover. It can also protect against lice and fleas
- Thyme essential oil has been proven affective to prevent salmonella and is by far the strongest germ killer so it’s great for disinfecting cutting boards after handling meat, and it’s good for high traffic areas that need continuous disinfecting.
- Sweet orange/wild orange essential oil is a natural degreaser. It works great for cleaning wood. Not only does it cut grease, but it also gives off an energizing feeling throughout the body. When used, it can get rid of stale, older odors anywhere in your home.
Stay up to date, our team loves to blog.GET UPDATES No charge. Unsubscribe anytime.