“It wasn’t me,” are the famous words in my household! Broken lamps, spills, stains…. nobody did it. The phrase haunts me in my sleep, especially when it comes to kitchen messes. I love to cook meals for my family, and know that I clean up the kitchen to my standards when I am finished. My husband on the other hand… makes a disaster everytime he is in there. I don’t know how he manages to get grease places that it ends up! And of course he too claims it wasn’t him!
Grease is nasty! It coats to your appliances, cabinets, and backsplash if it isn’t cleaned up ASAP. I end up spending a lot more time cleaning the kitchen when someone else decides to try out their cooking skills. I didn’t want to discourage others cooking, it meant I got a break, but I needed some simple quick solutions to clean a greasy kitchen between my professional cleaning service!
What you’ll need:
-Dish Clothes ( I like microfiber)
-1 cup baking soda
-Distilled white vinegar
1) Blot grease splatters off any kitchen surface ASAP (if possible) with a paper towel
2) Run a dishcloth under warm water. Gently wipe the splatter to start to soften
3) Combine a couple drops of dawn dish soap with warm water in your bucket. Soak your sponge for a couple minutes then wring out. Apply the sponge on the grease splatter and gently start wiping the surface. (Tip: a circular motion works best)
4) For stubborn grease stains (Like my kitchen!) combine 1 cup of warm water and 1 cup of baking soda in a bowl. Stir until it turns into a paste. Apply the paste to the grease stains and let dry. Remove the paste with a microfiber cloth.
5) If you can still see some of the grease splatter lingering, combine equal amounts of vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle. Spray directly on the stain and let sit for 5 minutes.
6) Run a dishcloth under warm water and gently rinse the surface.
7) Dry surface with clean towel.
These simple techniques have saved my so much time in the kitchen, and I hope they help you too! I don’t get so frustrated anymore when I get the answer, “It wasn’t me!”. I enjoy the meal that was prepared for me, and spend a little bit of time getting rid of all the splatters that were left for me!